Teachers and Staff
Our ongoing programme of professional development ensures that the strategies, methods and resources we use reﬂect the standards of best practice from around the world. Training is monitored to ensure it supports the high standards of teaching and learning in the school. All members of the teaching team are fully committed to supporting children as they work towards their personal targets. As part of our teaching philosophy, we expect teachers at the school to:
- Have high expectations of what children can achieve
- Actively engage students in their own learning
- Use assessment for learning (AfL) techniques to help children reflect on what they know and set targets for the future
- Systematically develop students’ learning skills so that they become increasingly independent
- Use stimulating activities in well-paced lessons
- Create a purposeful atmosphere that promotes learning
- Encourage children to participate in extra-curricular programmes
- Actively engage with parents as part of the teaching and learning process
Teaching assistants are on hand throughout the school to provide support within the classrooms. They work under the direction of the class teacher to make the curriculum accessible for students of all abilities. This helps to ensure that children have excellent opportunities to access every activity on offer and achieve their full potential. Teaching assistants are key partners in your child’s learning.
Interested in being part of the Windrose family? Take a look at our Careers page.